Monday, June 20, 2011

Poster Project

Camera: Canon Powershot SX110 IS, F/3.5 , 1/15
  Bannack Ghost Town-May 25th 2011

This second portrait is my favorite of the whole shoot so far. The shot it self was nothing to special, when i was light metering, i over exposed it a little, but not past the point of saving. I really liked the shot, because of the fun pose brittany was doing, it was very "high fashion. I took the photo into camera raw and change the exposure, raised the blacks and shadows and improved the clarity. Once i got the photo to where i wanted it, i took it into photoshop. I started by copying the image, next i spent like 30 mins air brushing her arm and face. Her skin was fine, but the lighting on her face and arm was very harsh in spots, so i used the air brushing to fix those lighting mistakes. I then made a selection of her eyes and copied them to a new layer. I then look through some of my other pictures that i took of her, and found a photo where the color in her eyes was really rich. I then took that photo and selected her eye and hid the rest of the photo. Once i had both eyes selected i went to adjustments and match color and selected the photo with the rich eye color and color matched it. It turned out very nature, i turned down the opacity and blended my ruff selection edges around the eye, to make sure it look great. then i copied the layer again and selected soft light, then i did the same thing again. Finally i took the burn tool at 52% exposure, and burned around the edges of the photo to give it a vignette. The last thing that i did was add my name on the bottom left of the photo, it was just really simple, feutra medium and condensed medium.



No comments:

Post a Comment