Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Scanography & Edge Effects

Scanography






Edge Effects


Scanograpy: On the first photo graphs of my shoes, i opened up the scanner program and changes the settings and scanned my shoes a 1200 pixels per in. once i had all the pictures i wanted to use, i place them into photoshop. I blened the photos together and used soft light filer on one shoe and the divide filter on the pastic bage. i played with the opacity and blened the images togther to get the final project. For my single shot scan, i used a maple leaf and some news paper to make up my scene. Then i scaned it at 1200 bbi and move the image to photoshop. I added a soft light filter and a black and white filter. Then using a mask and black paint i reveled the color of the leaf.

Edges Effects: On the first photo, made a new layer and filled it with white, then i put a mask over the photo and filled it with black. this show the blank white layer and hid the photo. Then i selected a paint brush with more texture than normal, then using different opaccities i reveled the image, leaving the edges ruff. Then i added text to complete the photo.

The second photo, i croped to 6 in by 7.5 in. then i added 2in to the cavas size, then i added .5 in to the bottom of the cavas. then i filled the canvas with black, and added a title to the photo.



1 comment:

  1. I like the bannack brush edges with type. It feels really nebulous and sort of ethereal. I think the lighting on the subject's face helps the effect.

    I also thought the contrast on the leaf in the scanography. The leaf on the paper is a cool contrast not only in texture but in color as well.

    ReplyDelete